Anglian Water will be carrying out improvements to the existing water network in and around Ousden as there is currently a high burst rate on the existing main causing low water pressure and interruptions to supply. 5.3km of new water pipeline will be installed. In order for the work to be carried out, the following roads will need to be closed:
- Wickhambrook Road- Road Closure- 21 October 2019 – 10 January 2020
- Baxters Green- Road closure- 2 December 2019 – 7 January 2020
- Chapel Road- Road Closure – 3 February 2020 – 28 February 2020
- Junction of Bury Road and Ousden Road- Road closure -24 February 2020– 3 April 2020
Over the Christmas period Anglian Water will temporarily suspend work and reopen the road.
- Privately owned Road in Great Knowles Green- Road Closure- Dates 11th – 13th November 2019
Access to residents, businesses and the emergency services will be maintained where possible and there will be a clearly signposted diversion route in place at all times.
When Anglian Water makes connections to properties, there will be a short interruption to supply. This will be for no longer than 3 hours and residents will be notified in advance of this.
If you would like to find out more, you can access information about your local area by visiting http://www.anglianwater.co.uk/yourarea and using the following steps:
In the search bar in the top right-hand corner enter your village/area affected – “Ousden”
- The map will now be showing your selected area and surrounding areas
- Click on “Key” in the top right-hand corner and tick the “Maintenance and improvements” layer and your village will be shown with a pink outline
- Click on this area and information relating to the scheme will be displayed.
Alternatively you can ring Anglian Water on 03457 145 145.